 Castle / 21470 (-20)
  Re: How to make stained glass in 2007

Ooh! Very nice technique for the stained glass. And a splendid interior scene overall. Well done. -Brendan (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  How to make stained glass in 2007

So there's these new Mosaic sets that everybody's all excited about. "The baseplates are transparent!" they say. Well so what? What's so great about a transparent baseplate? Here's one answer... (2 URLs) Gallery> (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Thanks much! Especially for making the long voyage back in time : ) I also like an element of realism in my MOCs, but not as much as most town builders seem to strive for, it is still a caricature art to me... Thanks again and God Bless, Nathan (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Thanks much Mark! I appreciate your vote ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) Excellent MOC. I usually frequest .town but came over here after seeing the pictures. Love all the details. Very realistic looking. It doesn't always look like lego which is a quality I strive for in my MOC's. Fabulous! Best, Jonathan (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(...) Then maybe you should call it your gray ages... :-) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) I love it. I'd vote for it in a "best of show" category. All the details are awesome! Thanks for sharing! -mark (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Thanks much, glad you enjoyed it, the radar dishes were in the model from the first sketch ;) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Thanks much! I'm glad you liked the lighting, it ws achieved by snapping a few hundred pics and then saying,'they're all bad except that one...' ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! WOW! A great effort! Tons of cool ideas and building techniques! Big. Great parts. Wonderful! Clear radar dishes for the white water! That treeeeeee! Lot's to look at thank you. -eric (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) Hi Nathan, Wow, absolutely amazing ! I love everything : the landscaping, the tree, the house, the waterfall, and the lighting which brings a deep atmosphere. Well done ! Erik (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) Thanks much Josh, you are always too kind! : ) I think taking out the backgrounds in my pics has really made my MOCs look much better... Thanks again and God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Hey Nathan, I've posted about this elsewhere, but since no one had replied here, I had jump on. This is a sweet MOC! It still is blowing me away everytime I look at the pics. You, sir, are an artist. Josh (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  The Entrance To The Caves

A MOCtale* part 1: (URL) Every legend begins with a little greed... This one begins with a lot... Tis a tale of two brothers; one wise and the other foolish... Foolish enough to believe a traveler's tale of a vast treasure horde... Nine chests, of (...) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !!

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

That's a great solution : ) (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle)

  BrickFest PDX '07 Pre-Registration

(3 URLs) BrickFest™ PDX '07 Pre-Registration is now available via the website.> Where: Portland, OR When: March 30th - April 1st 2007 What: An AFOL CONVENTION - for the fans, by the fans, because of the fans! Come join us for the fun at BrickFest (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

I've always liked the medieval ship concept (even tried a small one myself) and this is one of the best I've seen! I like the imposing bow, overall form, and even the slightly excessive heraldry of the colour scheme. Great work. The black knights (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(...) That's a most impressive flagship. Very ornate, but also quite plausible, and nicely shaped. The gaff arms on the mizzen perhaps look a bit modern compared to the lateen arms on the forward three (!) masts, but otherwise, most impressive (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

It was very impressive in person but it shows how sometimes things slip by. I never noticed the great figurehead the whole weekend. I really have to learn to take my time and look at the details! Well done. (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(URL) This has been in my brickshelf gallery for quite a while now, but I'm pretty sure I've never made an official lugnet announcement of it. I built the Drake during my dark ages (I still built during my dark ages just didn't buy anything) and (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact