 Castle / 21465 (-20)
  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(...) Then maybe you should call it your gray ages... :-) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) I love it. I'd vote for it in a "best of show" category. All the details are awesome! Thanks for sharing! -mark (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Thanks much, glad you enjoyed it, the radar dishes were in the model from the first sketch ;) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Thanks much! I'm glad you liked the lighting, it ws achieved by snapping a few hundred pics and then saying,'they're all bad except that one...' ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! WOW! A great effort! Tons of cool ideas and building techniques! Big. Great parts. Wonderful! Clear radar dishes for the white water! That treeeeeee! Lot's to look at thank you. -eric (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) Hi Nathan, Wow, absolutely amazing ! I love everything : the landscaping, the tree, the house, the waterfall, and the lighting which brings a deep atmosphere. Well done ! Erik (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

(...) Thanks much Josh, you are always too kind! : ) I think taking out the backgrounds in my pics has really made my MOCs look much better... Thanks again and God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Entrance To The Caves

Hey Nathan, I've posted about this elsewhere, but since no one had replied here, I had jump on. This is a sweet MOC! It still is blowing me away everytime I look at the pics. You, sir, are an artist. Josh (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  The Entrance To The Caves

A MOCtale* part 1: (URL) Every legend begins with a little greed... This one begins with a lot... Tis a tale of two brothers; one wise and the other foolish... Foolish enough to believe a traveler's tale of a vast treasure horde... Nine chests, of (...) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !!

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

That's a great solution : ) (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle)

  BrickFest PDX '07 Pre-Registration

(3 URLs) BrickFest™ PDX '07 Pre-Registration is now available via the website.> Where: Portland, OR When: March 30th - April 1st 2007 What: An AFOL CONVENTION - for the fans, by the fans, because of the fans! Come join us for the fun at BrickFest (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

I've always liked the medieval ship concept (even tried a small one myself) and this is one of the best I've seen! I like the imposing bow, overall form, and even the slightly excessive heraldry of the colour scheme. Great work. The black knights (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(...) That's a most impressive flagship. Very ornate, but also quite plausible, and nicely shaped. The gaff arms on the mizzen perhaps look a bit modern compared to the lateen arms on the forward three (!) masts, but otherwise, most impressive (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

It was very impressive in person but it shows how sometimes things slip by. I never noticed the great figurehead the whole weekend. I really have to learn to take my time and look at the details! Well done. (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(URL) This has been in my brickshelf gallery for quite a while now, but I'm pretty sure I've never made an official lugnet announcement of it. I built the Drake during my dark ages (I still built during my dark ages just didn't buy anything) and (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

(...) Me too! I don't actually know if lego made any or not, I have always wishfully hoped that some were produced during the spring cleaning era and will turn up eventually... I am prepared to admit defeat on all future new parts, but since this (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

(...) Thank you all for the comments :) It's right I didn't check if those 1x1 slopes were available in light bley... hum, hop to see them as soon as possible in a set ! Erik (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

(...) Nathan, is it really true that 1x1 'cheesers' exist in old grey? If I may ask, where did you get this information? Cheesers in old grey would be extremely useful to me, and I wondered if you (or anyone) could direct me to a source. I'd be (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

Very nice technique! I had noticed arches like this before in real life and wondered how they might be pulled off in LEGO. Here's hoping those mini slopes become available at Pick-A-Bricks! -Brendan (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Column for intersecting ribs

Hi Erik, while I appreciate the creativeness of that idea, I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't just start with "ribbed" columns (i.e. making the entire column cross-shaped to give the ribbed impression you find with a lot of buildings of that (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact