 Castle / 21435 (-40)
  Re: Colossal Castle Contest IV

(...) Hey thank you so much. I resubmitted the pictures earlier but did not resize them. I feel like a complete idiot. And i am terribly sorry for the stupidity on my part. I will resize the pictures now. Should i just resize them, or would you like (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle)

  Colossal Castle Contest IV

Hello, my name is joe butler and i have a problem that i have encountered in the Colossal Castle Contest. I had made several entries to the contest, and they had been posted to the site after being reviewed i guess by the contest admin. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The 4th Podagon:Vergirak!

(...) Megan, When I saw this sketch at LEGO World I was wondering how long it would take you to build the Podagon to match it...I guess it wasn't that long! He looks great. My only question is, what is this guy eating? His stomach seems to be filled (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ghostmasters tower

(...) Hello Timothy, (...) Thanks a lot in my sons name. He did the landscaping. I thought myself it has an honorable look. I didn't build that way at the age of six. We allready finished the second part of building. But we decided not to show (...) (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ghostmasters tower

(...) Hi Tim, (...) thank you very much. All the details were done by Sandro. I just let him build the way he wanted to. It's his story so I thought it would be best to just give a helping hand when asked. (...) This fence botherd me so much. More (...) (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The 4th Podagon:Vergirak!

(...) Megan, you made my day :-) That's totally cool. To squelch a knight - that's the pits, but the picture would be worth to be printed as posters. Not exactly child-oriented, but I would hang up a copy above the shoe cupboard or doormat... (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The 4th Podagon:Vergirak!

Hi Megan! Again a great podagon. And I really like the realistic posing after his wrong step. Accidently hitting a knight that way is getting more and more a problem in our times and most of us look that way, if it occurs. Even if people say, that (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  The 4th Podagon:Vergirak!

Hello everyone! Well here he is The 4th Podagon:VERGIRAK!! (2 URLs) He’s in a sticky situation, and NOT happy about it. We’ve all been there ;) Feedback would be fantastic! Long Live The Brick!!! Megan (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun, FTX) !!

  Colossal Castle Contest IV

(URL) The Classic-Castle Team is proud to announce our fourth annual building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest IV. It will begin on November 1st and end on December 31st, 2006. This contest is a bit different than other contests. We have a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Luther Begins.

So glad you continued this series! The lightning looks great! I really look forward to these installlments. Thanks again and God Bless, Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 7-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The SEA TRAGON

Once again yor sheer creativity shines through this MOC. I pcture it in a large aquazone display, somewhere no train has gone before ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 7-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Luther Begins.

Hey, long time since we talked, good to see you still in LEGO be in touch Yaron (18 years ago, 7-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Memorial Set for Joshua Jackson Kelley The Lionheart Tower Announcement

The pictures are uploaded here: (URL) Brian kelley01@visi.com (18 years ago, 5-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Memorial Set for Joshua Jackson Kelley The Lionheart Tower Announcement

We have the pictures for the set. I dont have the energy to setup a webpage with the pictures of the prototype but I can email the .jpgs if anyone is interested. We have been emailing out the details on the project as below. If there are individuals (...) (18 years ago, 5-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: The SEA TRAGON

(...) yes-that and his shiney treasure! (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ghostmasters tower

(...) I love the landscaping- simple but effective. And the story too, of course! (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ghostmasters tower

(...) Hi Marco, Really great model and a lovely story to go with it. It's just packed with details and life which is something I love in dioramas. You can see the story unfolding before your very eyes. My favourite touch is the white picket fence... (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Ghostmasters tower

Hello all you fellow castle fans. As Castle usually isn't my theme this is my first post in this group. I'd like to tell you a small story: Some time ago my 6yo son Sandro got his hands on some skeleton parts. He added a few more ingredients an (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: The SEA TRAGON

(...) oh hes so cute! Is that anntena thingy on top of his head used to lure unsuspecting divers? khan (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle)

  The SEA TRAGON

Hello all! Announcing my 2nd TRAGON- The SEA TRAGON!! Lurking deep under the ocean-guarding his treasure- Treasure hunters-BEWARE-The Sea Tragon is watching and waiting… (2 URLs) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Long Live The Brick! Megan (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !!

  Re: Luther Begins.

Hey Jojo, I was wondering if we would have another Luther installment from you this year. I don't know enough about his biography to know what other scenes you will do. Any hints on upcoming MOCs? Mind if I post this in CC? Or are you planning to do (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Luther Begins.

Thanks for the nice treatment of one of my religious heroes. Andy (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Luther Begins.

(...) I never knew this part of the story, thank you. (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Luther Begins.

Out now! On screens accross The World! GJK Arts Entertainment™ in cooperation with Jojo Pictures Productions™ proudly presents: Luther Begins In the year MDV (1505) Martin Luther is a Doctor of Jurisprudence. Once, more precisely on June 2nd the (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) 1x2 plates and 1x1 round plates would give you a more solid look, but at greater cost and weight. (...) Perhaps something like Kevin Blocksidge's (URL) onion dome> could be adapted to make a rounded roof. But really, those are nits. It's a (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) it's brill John and hoping to see it in person before it gets cannibalized for your next amazing creation =) what I'm liking most about this is the sense of motion with the water effects, it's all tight and a good example of making a broad (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) There's several reasons I chose them, but the most important is that they give a much tighter curve than 1x3's. They also give a less "regular" appearance than 1x3 construction, where each round is aligned above or below each other. Finally, I (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) Thanks Tony! (...) I somewhat agree, but I'm yet to find a technique that lets you do round portions of that size while keeping them "solid" looking. It's also very parts intensive - On 4 of the towers, easy layer uses 10 1x2's and 10 1x1 (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) Thanks! This was my first try for a battle scene of any sort, and it was a lot of fun. I was inspired by the space bloody space invasion (and castle's triumphant win!) to add some action. -John L. (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) Thanks, Matt! It turns out the light was extremely an extremely easy fix, so all is well. Besides, now I have a new challenge for next year: Building Matt-proof! Glad you like the trees, right now I've only made them two sizes but the scale (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) This is an excellent model and was my vote for Best Castle at NWBC. The trees in front rock, too, and I am going to have to try and copy them. I handled the whole model more than I was supposed to I think, so sorry for breaking it so may (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

Hello! (...) I reorganized my BrickShelf folders. But you can't edit yout Lugnet posts, so unfortunately the old links are and will remain broken. However, this still applies: "I have never and I will never smoke anything. And I have never and I (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) (URL) hmmm> (what happened to the pics?) (...) Looks like a kang (a hollow bed heated via an external fire (similar concept to a hypocaust)) (...) And thats a lithograph! Tim (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) Thanks (...) No idea what the Chinese word for those things is. (...) The topknot and queue was a nightmare to balance but I was so happy with how it looked I took the time (twice actually since the first time had a (URL) mistake>). (...) I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) Thank you. (...) While I agree that a properly set up render could look excellent the problems with it are twofold: firstly the selection of minifig parts in CAD is very small and secondly with that much balancing there is no way people would (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

Hello! Hey, I like that. Hrm, actually I don't, because I don't like drugs. But its' well built. The futon (? the couch, divan, anyway) looks great, and the chinese topknot is very convincing. It seems like you knew what you were doing here. (In (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) Good stuff! The queue and topknot are outstanding. I'm glad you're building in the brick, but this seems like one of those scenes that might look better rendered with smoke and shadows and whatnot. Photographed LEGO always looks as bright and (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

Sweeeet! The corner curved towers are what jump out at you, but the inner curved wall with the matching curved building atop is just brilliant. Lots of great details here, with the partially-submerged fin and the trail of blood in the water being my (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) My MOC was much smaller and used the combination of 1x1 rounds with 1x3 bricks to make a curved wall. John, was there a reason you chose the 1x2 bricks over the 1X3? (I would ask at the next VicLUG meeting but I thought others might like to (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  London Opium Den

In a very short time a decrepit figure had emerged from the opium den - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Tim (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact