 Castle / 21435
Re: Colossal Castle Contest IV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:52:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Joe Butler wrote:
Hello, my name is joe butler and i have a problem that i have encountered in the
Colossal Castle Contest. I had made several entries to the contest, and they had
been posted to the site after being reviewed i guess by the contest admin.
Unfortunatley the entries which had been posted are no longer there. I don't
know who to contact about this problem. Were they removed by mistake? Do i need
to re-submit them? If there is anyone out there who can tell me what has happend
or can help me get my entries back in the running. They are still up on
brickshelf on my page, so i don't think that is the problem. my email is
joe46410@sbcglobal.net if any one can help me please do. Thank you all so very
much.

Hi Joe,

I'm the admin that accidently approved and then removed your entries.  As noted
in the Classic-Castle thread that Tim linked, many entries are currently
disqualified due to size limits.  The contest rules are that images should have
a maximum size of 800x600 pixels.  Please re-size your images and just replace
the images in the Brickshelf folders that you already have.  You've got some
great creations there and I look forward to these being a part of the contest.

Sorry about the lack of communication about this.  Ben started that thread on
Classic-Castle to note which entries were outside of the contest rules.  I was
going to wait and see if people fixed their entries based upon that thread
before going out and sending a bunch of individual e-mails.

Bruce

BTW, this thread properly belongs in either lugnet.build.contests or
lugnet.castle, so I'm setting the followup to there.  The lugnet.admin groups
are for lugnet issues, and CC is a separate site.  Or, of course, the most
direct thing to do would be to post any questions a out the CC contest on the CC
forums.  It's easy and free to join and many people have memberships in Lugnet,
CC, and various other LEGO forums.
Hey thank you so much. I resubmitted the pictures earlier but did not resize
them. I feel like a complete idiot. And i am terribly sorry for the stupidity on
my part. I will resize the pictures now. Should i just resize them, or would you
like me to resize and resubmit them as i think that i may have entered a couple
of them in the wrong catagory. Such as the woodmens lodge which i should have
entered into the medieval life catagory not the castle building catagory. Just
more stupidity on my part. Either way i appreciate all of the help you have
given me. Let me know what you think would be the easiest way of correcting my
problem. Thanks again.

Joe Butler