 Castle / 21295 (-20)
  Re: Classic-castle outage

(...) The server is back up and running, and the static pages of CC have been restored. I am still working on getting the forums back up and running. Troy (18 years ago, 15-May-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Classic-castle outage

No problem Bruce, it is good to see some cross community interaction again (I've bumped into CCers on Eurobricks and am reading Lugnet as we speak...). Each of our little niche cites should have an export day where we go bother other themes in (...) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: small fortified workshop

Nice work, The tower has a beautifully 'balanced' lean to it. The water wheel is well done (I always struggle with them) and the colours are nicely coordinated. Well done! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Classic-castle outage

(...) Thanks, Bruce! Josh (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Classic-castle outage

Hey all, Just in case anyone is looking for news about Classic-Castle, apparently the server that hosts us was compromised on Friday. Troy and the tech guys are working hard on it and we hope it is back up soon, but it might not be until Monday that (...) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  small fortified workshop

Hi all! A samll fortified workshop along the Eastern border of my fictional empire: water powered sawmill, windpowered foundry and the local Duchess with her new silver longbow... Folder post-mod: (URL) link #1: (URL) link #2: (URL) link # 3: (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Here is a link to Viking ships I made over a couple of years ago from just bricks. Each Longboat holds about 40 minifigs. I do own one of the new Longships and I have modified it by taking out the catapult and reworking the back tower. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

I like this a lot! Especially the colour scheme. It works very well but I would never have thought to chose it. Well done! The shields are also a great way to disguise those annoying gaps. Great work all round! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

(...) Very nice! I'm glad to see this other type of ship represented. -Suz (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

Ahoy etc Although the longship is the iconic viking vessel, the knarr (or knorr) was generally the vessel of choice for trading. (URL) My knarr (or knorr) is shorter than my longship (only two hull centre sections). The rail is a perhaps fanciful, (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Updates to www.minifig.co.uk - New Vikings MOCs

I've got around to updating my site finally. If you head over to (URL) you can my new (and some not so new) Viking mocs. Some of them have been on Brickshelf for a little while, some are new. Shortly before the Viking range came out I quite fancied (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Viking Longship

Excellent work Mr. Richie, now all you need is a port to sack and women to haul away. -Keith (It's all about the plunder) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

In lugnet.pirates, Suzanne Rich wrote: <SNIP> (...) Agreed! I have to chuckle, too, as I've got a half completed rework of my own long ship sitting on my work bench. I hope to complete this week to also share. SNIP (...) The set's scale is close, (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) SNIP (...) Well done, Richie! It looks great with all those oars. My own longship project is limited to 4 oars per side because..it's all I have. :) (...) They look great; I'd love to pick up a couple more copies of this set to fill out my (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) All the references that I've seen have awnings like that used whilst at anchor... there are probably exceptions, though. The awning would be in the way for any sailhandling, and I wonder if the arm wasn't used to support the ridge of the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Stupid question - why not? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  More information about viking ships (Was: Viking Longship)

(...) (URL) well, Jacob PS: Any chance we'll get a "lugnet.vikings" group? (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Here are some links for more info: Intact viking ship with data and links to other ships (Swedish site): (URL) (new and ancient) and pictures of newly made ships (also in Swedish, with part ot the text in english): (URL) collection with many (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Fabulous! This is funny timing because I'm in the middle of researching Viking ships now for a BrikWars game. (In fact, If you could recommend good links to Viking info online, I'd really appreciate it.) (...) [snip] Really? cool. I was (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Thanks, Mark! I've done a few vessels with real cloth sails, and I have to say that the paper is better looking, easier to work with, and holds its shape better. (...) Absolutely! Probably not while under sail though. ;-) Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact