 Castle / 20880 (-20)
  First Castle

So, here it is, my first ever castle creation. I had a lot of fun with this build, imagining a whole backstory of a wizard who was able to protect his home and his family from the destruction of their world by casting a spell around their castle, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) I like it a lot. The big thing for me is the feel of a living community. The variety of structures helps there as does the landscaping. The town on a hill feel is very effective. Good interiors too, but I couldn't satisfy one of my favorite (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Thanks! I am glad you appreciated the landscaping (I alwys consider it my best work...) I'm sorry the oar maker isn't to your taste...One, or two colours too many? : ) Actually I really needed it to lighten the whole MOC and focus the eye into (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Very nice work. An impressive build. The landscaping and how the castle is built around it is excellent. I'm not too sure about (URL) house. An interesting color scheme. I really like these (URL) guys> working. (URL) Clever use> of the (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  KCCUSA Summer Block Party

(URL) 5 statues together>> As promised in this (URL) teaser> thread... I am happy to (at long last) announce that Milton Train Works™ has been, as overall contractor, with significant help from members of MichLUG, working in partnership with (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.aquazone, FTX) !!

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) Well - just ordered one from S@H Canada. $70 CAD which is quite a bit better (after conversion) than the 50 Euro price I heard from the initial information Supposedly shipping by June 30, but my experience is usually they ship sooner. Cheers. (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Cliffton Castle

Hi all, I present Cliffton Castle: (URL) (pic=link to gallery) deeplinks at bottom of post : ) Cliffton Castle, known locally as the 'Castle of Three Trees' (all right, there are six trees if you want to be picky...), is an outpost of the great (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.in, FTX) !!

  Announcing the C-C.com CheckMate Chess Contest!

In honor of the new LEGO chess set, I am pleased to announce the Classic-Castle.com CheckMate Chess Contest! (URL) What is the Classic-Castle... ugh... C6 Contest? I'm glad you asked! Category 1: Chess Piece Create a single chess piece, any medieval (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) This is wonderful news. Thank you LEGO! :) -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) website is: The chess board is glued; the minifigs are not. Also, Jake says the Chess set will be available here in North America. Ken (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) Well, holy horsehead, Batman. Surely they couldn't do something that stupid? Assembling and gluing (or baking) the minifigs together would surely make production MORE expensive, as well as making the set far less attractive. One-piece minifigs (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  LAY OFF THE GLUE!

LEGO, your products have been looking great for 2005. Improved Knight's Kingdom II sets. Viking sets. Designer sets. And now this wonderful chess set*. Don't kill it with glue. Everything about glue goes agaisnt what LEGO is about: building and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) There's a huge discussion about this set over at Classic-Castle: (URL) is much worry that the figures are glued. :( -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) Awesome! It's like some sort of minifig pack with huge amounts of Shadow Knights! And, is that a WHITE baseplate under there? Looks like it in the super-zoom. I don't think they've ever offered a white 32x32! Wish I could see the faces for the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) If you go to the "zoom" pic you can see that it's 4x4 plates stacked on top of a 32x32 baseplate in either white or light blay. Bruce (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) Beautiful! I want one! Some of the piece choices are a little different than I would have done, but hey, it's LEGO -- if I don't like it, I'll just change it. The board is especially cool -- is that a new plate? Or assembled from a pile of 4x4 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) GAH! I want that!! Blue soldiers and crossbows!! But it doesn't appear to be available in the US! ;_; Jeff (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(URL) chess set. (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact