 Castle / 19953
19952  |  19954
Subject:
Giant Demonic Armor!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 01:40:59 GMT

Well, This is my second attempt at bridging the gap between castle and mecha(an
unlikely combination, i know!) and i hope that i have done better this time.
With my last castle-mecha i was told that it seemed too mechish for castle, so i
tried to tone down strange body proportions and keep to those of a suit of
armor.The model started off with the construction of the "stomach" area, after
which i made the skirting. At that point i decided it would make a pretty good
castle-mech! I borrowed the shoulder design from Sun-Yun's strikedog model and
some of the upper leg as well.

I had a surplus of those blackhorns for a recent bricklink order, so i decided
to put them to use and make this a "demonic Armor".

I also deemed this creation demonic because of the havoc it wreaked upon my
house! Not even five minutes after i had completed the model, i noticed that
some of the carpeting in my basement(building area/lair) was wet.Well, it seemed
after some ground soaking rain, some of the water seeped in and flooded the
carpeting. I put two and two together and figured that it was the doing of this
demonic creation!

Folder:

DeepLinks:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DaLancer/DemonArmor/armor00.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DaLancer/DemonArmor/armor07.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DaLancer/DemonArmor/armor01.jpg

Now, I need critique from both the .mechers and .Castlers and anyone in between!
I would really like to see what you guy think of this model, so any feedback
would be kindly appreciated!