 Castle / 19227
    Re: A wine rack I made today —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Hey that is a REALLY neat idea. Too bad my secret 3CS building is already packed for its trip to Portland or I'd be stealing that idea as we speak. But if I stole it, I'd probably do it differently. Instead of using bricks stud on, I think I'd (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —Anthony Sava
   (...) Thanks much Lar, glad you liked it! I actually tried several different types of lattice (Thanks BTW, couldn't think of that word yesterday!), but this is what worked best. I tried using 1xX plates in the same direction of the bricks (just no (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —Frank Filz
     Hmm, another thought for the latice... Are there any tubes the diameter of a stud? If so, you could use a latice fence with tubes stucking through. I think that might get the idea across pretty well. Frank (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

         Re: A wine rack I made today —David Laswell
     (...) There are TECHNIC pins, but the short little stud pin is the only one with a non-split end. Aside from that, there are the flex-system tubes and lightsaber blades, which are small enough to go through a hollow stud. The two combined might work (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) I realy like yor idea, and the challenge you lay before us. It got me thinking and my first (futile) attempt was this: (URL) But that looked more like a buisness fair display stand from the 60's than a midieval wine rack. ¹) Then, it dawned to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —David Laswell
   (...) Ooh! I think I got it! There's a (URL) new piece> that's coming out this year. It's a 1x1 brick with studs on two sides. If you take a plate and a bunch of these new bricks and place them with alternating orientation, you can attach tiles to (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) Also you would keep the ability to atach bottles to the studs, something not possible when using the headlight bricks. I think I will try to build the two solutions for real (maybe even a combination of both), to see how practicly feasable (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —David Laswell
   (...) That's true, but your version shouldn't require headlight bricks, should it? (...) I did a quicky test using a 1x1 with four studs just to see if a tile will fit between the two bricks, and it does work. Since you'd be using 1x1 bricks to hold (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —Manfred Moolhuysen
   It's nice to see such fruitfull and inspiring feedback. (...) My LDraw mockup has been modeled with headlight bricks, based on their common availability, and because I prefered to point the smooth top surface of the tiles 1x2 all upwards in the same (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

        Re: A wine rack I made today —David Laswell
   (...) Yeah, that was something I wasn't happy about with my idea, but I figured it wouldn't be so bad if you made sure the hollow-up tiles were covered with conveniently-placed wine bottles. Fortunately, it's actually possible to leave open (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)