 Castle / 1905 (+20)
  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) I think they're likely in cahoots with Wham-O whose Frisbees have long been seeking the underside of autos for years. -Steven (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World

(...) Just figure out how to build Viking long boats, I think they've been around since the early days of european castles. Come to think of it, there have been sea-going ships since before the Roman Empire. I'm not quite sure about the history of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) <snip> (...) An excellent point. (...) Hmm...well, arranging them geographically would be the easiest way, but I think that Pawel was also pondering a 'master list'. Maybe there should be a recognized set of 'keywords' and then, well, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) Uh O, roleplaying game? Is that like D&D? I have no interest in that at all! I thought there were sites where that was being done already, or so I understood. What exactly were you trying to set up, Pawel? I am all into telling stories, but (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) Well, I gave my 'keywords' thought in my last post, so I'll restrict this to ideas for more keywords. (...) This might be a bit broad. Not all soldiers are knights... (...) Criminal might be a good idea also. A cat burglar might not be an (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) A minor nit: not all roleplaying games use dice or even randomizers of any kind to determine the outcome. In fact, not all of them have rules, although I'd personally hestitate to call those "games" (although they are still "role-playing") (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) A minor nit: not all roleplaying games use dice or even randomizers of any kind to determine the outcome. In fact, not all of them have rules, although I'd personally hestitate to call those "games" (although they are still "role-playing") (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) of (...) then (...) bounce (...) It's just the Lego Variation on Murphy's Law. Well-documented. :-) Bruce (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) I definitely have to agree with this. I usually do my building at a desk or table and my bricks decide to fall just underneath the center of the chair. That one spot that you (or I, at least) can't reach without either getting out of your (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) Not to mention the rooves of buildings. ;) Jeff (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Castle World

(...) been (...) Megabloks made a passable Viking Ship. Long narrow hulls were mostly in the mediterranean, and then as galleys. The medieval cog was the beginning the round-bellied ships that evolved into carracks and caravels that began the age of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not quite ready for prime time... But here are some teasers

(...) I usually take two pictures from each angle when not using a tripod or other solid object, just to help the chances of getting a good picture... of course, that's the beauty of having a digital camera... you can reuse film for free! (...) (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) I'm pretty sure it is a Castle world thing. Pawel prolly wants to have some categorization in order to organize the creations. HTH, Shiri (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World

(...) Pawel is (IMO) definitely the dominant figure about this now. He is hard at work on all this right now. But it does NOT mean that no one else can help; in fact, it is quite the opposite. You are all encouraged to suggest stuff, after all the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World

Hi Phil, In lugnet.castle, Philip Ogston writes: [snip] (...) Well Phil, this is a great idea! It is such a good idea, that you might not be surprised to find that many lego fans thought of this before :-) I'm too lazy to search, but I remember a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) how (...) I suspect that there is a place between the floor of my apartment and the ceiling of the apartment below, where errant LEGO, cigarette lighters, paperclips, computer case screws and jumper shunts congregate to have parties and laugh (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) A corollary: any piece falling off of a model will fall into the model where it is impossible to reach without disassembling at least half of the constrution. Shaking the model in an attempt to remove the lost piece will result in the piece (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

I for one like this categorization scheme. You should probably add "mercenary" to it. -- Paul Davidson Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:Fow6AF.BnI@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) on the (...) regular (...) etc. (...) subcategory (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of (Unobserved) Falling Lego

I've been wondering the same thing! But it only works when you don't see where the falling piece landed. I've often dropped a fairly large piece (sometimes a whole minifig or something) from my desk when "creating", and spent up to twenty minutes (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) <snip bulk of list> Heh... I'd appreciate that, even if no one else did. ;) Given that my castle creations center around a mercenary company, and all... James (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact