 Castle / 18803
Re: Working ballista and onager
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote:
   Hello,

I have just completed my working ballista and onager. Both use technic rubber bands for power.

The balck falcon ballista can be seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=65678. It can launch a 1x1 round brick several feet.

Deep Links

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Ballista/bala.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Ballista/balb.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Ballista/balc.jpg

The crusader onager can be seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=65679. To launch I need to attach a sling similar to that of my trebuchet. It will launch a 1x1 round brick a foot or two.

Deep Links

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Onager/on1.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Onager/on2.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Onager/on3.jpg

Enjoy!

James

Hi James,

Great work. The ballista looks great.

I wanted to suggest that you’ll try to put a spear inside the round brick and see how it shoots.

The onager is great as well.