 Castle / 18312
  Re: Help me answer my nephew's question

(...) I heard that pirates (or in this case - Gilbert the Bad) wore eye patches so that if they ever had to fight in the dark, one eye would already be adjusted. So some wore patches even with two healthy eyes :) -- Pawel (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Help me answer my nephew's question

(...) Acutally, I've heard that some of today's special forces do the same thing. The reason being that if there is a failure in their night vision equipment, they will still have one eye that can adjust to the dark quickly. It's second hand (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

"Pawel Nazarewicz" <reganok@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hn7Kr9.7rB@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) Jonathan (a (...) so (...) adjusted. (...) Its quite handy when liveroleplaying and creeping around in the dark to keep one eye shut. when someone (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)