 Castle / 18109
18108  |  18110
Subject:
Posable Horse Reloaded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:47:24 GMT

Okay, I've redesigned my minifig posable horse. The result is now a little
more to the same scale as a minifig, and generally it looks better and more
horse-like. It still has 11 pivot points. If I could figure out how to make the
head move up and down independently of the neck it would have 12.

Look for the pictures labeled "new-horse".

The new piece count is:

(1) saddle
(6) 1x3 plates
(3) 1x2 plates
(2) 1x1 plates
(2) 2x3 plates
(1) 2x2 plate
(1) 1x2 plate mod.with one stud
(1) 1x2 plate mod.with side bar
(2) 1x1 plate mod.with v.clip
(1) 1x2 brick
(1) 1x1 brick
(2) 1x1 brick mod.with side stud
(1) 1x2 hinge top/bottom
(1) 1x2 hinge plate 3 side fingers
(1) 1x2 hinge plate 2 end fingers
(2) 1x2 tile
(1) 1x1 tile mod.top clip
(1) 1x3 slope 33
---
(30) pieces

I've also made a cart harness. The down-side of my horse design is that the rear
legs make the horse wider than the standard Lego cart harness will accomodate.
Hence, the need to make a new harness for those horses that would be used as
beasts of burden.

The piece count for the harness (which replaces the saddle):

(1) 1x4 plate
(1) 1x3 plate
(2) 1x2 plates*
(2) 1x2 plate.mod with one stud
(2) 1x1 plate.mod with side loop
(2) 1x1 plate.mod with horizontal clip
(2) 1x2 brick.mod with side studs
(2) weapons, lance
(1) 4L bar
---
(15) pieces

* an extra 1x2 plate is attached to the 1x1 plate w/clips in the Brickshelf
pictures.

LMKWYT

Alan
(a previous attempt at posting this afternoon seems to have vapourized)