 Castle / 16876
  Re: Trebuchets

(...) Ah, definition time... (another one for the Castle FAQ ???) As I understand it, a siege engine or siege machine is any large device used for siege tactics or warfare (this includes catapults, ballistae, rams, moving towers, etc.) during (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trebuchets

Hello John, There's a good write up on medieval siege weapons (they call them "non gunpowder artillery") at: (URL) use this as my main source, but I've found other sites with slightly different information. Stephen (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trebuchets

(...) Wow. That really is a great source! I would say any builders with questions about castle weaponry would do well to start there. Thanks for the URL! -Hendo (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trebuchets

I'm glad you liked the siege weapons site. I found it when I was building my catapult. I've started doing more historical research when I build. Not that I'm all that accurate in my MOCs, but I do get some great ideas that way! Stephen (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.castle)