 Castle / 16826
Re: what every medieval market place can do without...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 22:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi writes:
That's right, Madame Fradieu's House.  A place for gentlemen to unwind after
a hard days work.  Presenting, the medieval marketplaces first (i think)
brothel.

Cool!

dont worry, all the pics are no more than pg-13 :)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/01.jpg

Madame Fradieu meets a gentleman as he comes for an evening of fun
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/02.jpg

Love that front facing, all the slopes in red.

The entire back side
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/03.jpg

You scared me when you said 'back side', given the topic.  ;P

Comfy suites, pay by the half-hour
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/08.jpg

Not sure how comfy they really would be, but it is impressive how much you
crammed into such a small space.

Eat and drink and gamble a bit while you mingle with the girls
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/04.jpg

I like the dress design you chose for the girls.  Simple, but effective, and
slightly different than the average lady-in-waiting dress used in other
Castle MOCs.

Henry plays cards with this cute red-head.  3 kings and two aces, a winning
poker hand, too bad he's playing blackjack
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/09.jpg

You're gonna think I am sick, but I think she is more than just 'cute'...  :o

Listen too some ole fasioned ragtime ringing from the harpsicord
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/07.jpg

Not sure if ragtime is the image I needed.  Like you say later, you kinda
just went with it here.

Ruby leads a customer upstairs ;)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/05.jpg

Love this image!

Uh-Oh looks like someone's suspicious wife caught him with his pants down
(literally)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cheez11111/brothel/06.jpg

Hahahaha!  Whew!  I almost cried when I first saw this pic.  Funny stuff!

Some notes:  I realize this model is not really historically accurate in any
way.  I used a somewhat medieval architecture style and called the piano a
harpsicord, beyond that I threw it to the wind.  My supply of tan left me
only enough to do one 32 x 16 plate so things are a bit cramped otherwise...
I just realized while photographing this that all the men have black hair
pieces except the one.

Overall, I love how you pulled this one together.  Not sure what I would
add.  Maybe a sign out front, or perhaps a bouncer inside with some armor
and a club.  Loved the photo tour!

-Hendo