 Castle / 16755
Re: Green Dragon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 01:41:59 GMT

"Jeffrey Benson" <jbenso1@towson.edu> wrote in message
news:HE2q8s.o67@lugnet.com...
None of your deep-links worked, but it looks like the folder was moderated • :)

WOW.  That thing is ... wow!  Where did you get all those green pics?  I
especially like the contrast between the color of the body and the lighter
green of the spine.

Well, it actually took 2 copies of the Wild Collection set (4101) for all of
the
swamp green pieces.

How articulate is it?

His wings move up and down and slide forward and back.  His legs move at the
knees and feet (the hips technically move, but are blacked by the rest of
the body).  His arms only move up and down.  His head tilts the full range
of motion allowed by a 1x2 hinge brick (90 degrees).  The tail can do all
kinds of things along one axis.  Finally, his body bends in the middle
(right near his arms) so that he can stoop or straighten up.

For some reason, the face doesn't look fierce enough.  The dragon just
doesn't look like it wants to wade into a crowd of enemy troops and slice
and dice and cook 'em up,

Oh yeah?  Tell that to these guys...
http://www.peeron.com/pics/nelug/BW-TL2-20030427/thumbnails/DSC01558.jpg.html

but I don't know how you could convey any facial
expressions.  In any case, my only sight for an "improvement" is very • minor.
The beast looks fantastic!

Thanks!

- Joe