 Castle / 16497
Re: some portraits and a new army
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Hey Nick,
The character portraits look pretty cool.  I've got one question for you: are
you aware that one of your characters, Archbishop Thomas Beckett is also the
name of a historical figure (also an archbishop)
http://www.ibiscom.com/becket.htm ?

Awsome, I am excited you noticed.  His title is actually Archcleric, similar
to archbishop but for a different type of religion, and yes I am aware, i
chose that name after reading "Murder in the Catherdral" by T.S. Eliot, a
dramatization of the real Beckett, anyway, i was dissapointed with Beckett's
choice of supposed martyrdom so I thought his name would be fitting.  I
include a few other literary refrences to.  The owner of the shipping
company is Josiah Bounderby from Dickens's "Hard Times", I also call him a
"self-made man" another reference to Bounderby's character and a phrase used
by Fitzgerald in "the Great Gatsby".  I try to include other references to
reward those who can find them (as you did) and it makes the stories much
more interesting to provide these connections.

Shaomin warriors look pretty cool, too.  Funny enough they look very similiar
(except the custom torse) to my assassin army the Veoir Armyn (
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/web/veoir.jpg ).. which I've yet to
officially publish/announce on Lugnet.  You know what they say, great minds
think alike.

Your Veoir Armyn look really cool too especially the one in the front with
the custom sword!

-Nick