 Castle / 16356
Re: Castle MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:02:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
Hey Don,

The viking ship is quite impressive.  I have been thinking about doing some
vikings, way to go!

Thanks, I made it several years ago out of parts I had.  Never liked the
results.  Recently, I pulled it out of its box and with parts I had been
buying from BrickLink, I redid it.  It is 1/3 as large as its sister ship.
(I made 2 at the same time then).  When I get more parts, I'll redo the
other ship and then build a 3rd one.

The stalls for the Medieval Market are real good.  As
far as color combinations go, I usually use brown and black with other
accents, but really anything goes.  I think in real life the colors and
styles would have been quite varied, in order to draw attention.  So, yours
work great.  Your building are good too.  Are they shells only or do have
interiors as well?

Right now, they are only shells.

I like the one with the grey first floor the best.  As
far as colors on these, they work too.  Some people usually put some black
outlining on the second floor to simulate the wattle (sp?) and duab
construction, but you have to use what you have.  Good job!

Thank you.

Build On,
Josh