 Castle / 16279
16278  |  16280
Subject:
Congratulations to castle ISCC winners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:12:06 GMT

Hey all,

I just wanted to highlight the castle and castle-esque winners of the ISCC:

Johannes Koehler's mill (actually submitted in town

Folkart Thielen's Tolkien story:
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/058/index.pl?search=1

Johannes Koeler's cathedral:
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/005/index.pl?search=1
Johannes is also a double winner with his mill:
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/133/index.htm

Andor Busse's cathedral:
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/116/index.htm

Andreas Haase's wagon (actually a town entry, but the wagon and chickens would
be fine in a castle setting):
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/012/index.pl?search=1

Reed Anderson's castle story:
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/033/index.pl?search=1

Congratulations to these and all castle entries.

One interesting thing I saw was that there were several cathedral entries, but
the two that won were both entries that took a small slice of a cathedral and
did it in much greater detail, as opposed to doing a whole cathedral at a
smaller level of detail.  There was also a total shutout of Harry Potter
creations, thought I thought that at least this one by Ingo Bramigk would win:
http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/044/index.pl?search=1
Also, none of the pure castles won, but instead it was the more civilian
creations (town, cathedral, mill, cart) and two that were more narrative
(Escape to the Village and the Tolkien story).

Bruce