 Castle / 16057
Re: Coat of Arms Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 04:47:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Stephen Wroble writes:
This isn't really LEGO, but it is medieval.

I've created a Coat of Arms Designer which you are welcome to play with:

http://swroble.home.att.net/Activities/CoatOfArms.html

This is the Beta version. Eventually I'll make one that lets you print out your
design. I'm trying to figure out how to make it print stickers for LEGO
shields, but that feature still needs a lot more work.

Let me know what you think.
Stephen

very cool & fun to play with.  I think it would be more intuitive if the three
different scrollable things & color chooser were labeled; like 'background',
'border/stripes', 'symbol' & 'color'.  Actually a modified icon of the shield
would be better, so there's no language problems, as i see this being very
enjoyable & useful to castle fans in many kingdoms!.  For example, have one
completed example shild as each of the three icons; the first 'background' icon
would have the background pattern in full bright color, while the stripes &
symbol could be an outline or lighter/pastel color.  In the 'stripe' icon, the
stripes would be a bold color, while the background & symbol are muted colors.
The symbol icon would likewise have the symbol bright, but the background &
stripes muted.  Also the 'color' chooser could be a line or grid with a
pointer/border to intuitively tell the user what they can or already have
chosen.  Actually a large enuf symbol of an artist's pallette with a paintbrush
pointer would be very intuitive.  Again, VERY cool & fun; will it be
downloadable?  :)

Jeff