 Castle / 1545 (+5)
  Re: spelling questions ...

(...) Yes. Farrier is an alteration of a Middle English and French word that meant blacksmith. Can't really imagine a smith making a living solely on horse shoes, but then again, in a large city that might support multiple smiths, maybe it could (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval occupations (was Re: spelling questions ...)

(...) There you go - the connection I wasn't making. The difference between producing the thing made of iron and actually putting it to use - shoeing the horse, and all the doo-dads you'd need for the horse, sounds like. Never thought of it that (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Any suggestions on a homepage?

Hi everyone! I've been thinking about setting up a homepage. It's about time, computers are taking over the world :-) and my (humble) lego creations are waiting to be seen in public. Even though I get along better than OK with computers, I've never (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) OK, I was in a hurry and didn't spell check... I meant farrier, as in the person who shoes horses, actually considered a different occupation from the black smith who makes the shows. I also meant Cobbler, as in the person who cures leather (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) Windmills were probably a lot more common than you may think as there still exists a great deal of them in Europe, especially the low countries, which date back to the middle ages. Many castles and towns would also have them on wall towers so (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact