 Castle / 1540 (+5)
  spelling questions ...

~My~ Webster's didn't have either, and neither did M-W.com, which is why I asked what the words meant. James Brown had the best guesses, I think - they were the same as my guesses, misspelled words of similar meanings. I had guessed cobbler from (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Accessories from other themes...

I've been inspired, recently, by many original creations to experiment with mixing parts from other themes to create unique characters and/or armies. I'm hoping to get some feedback about the appropriateness (is that a word?!) of using the following (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval occupations (was Re: spelling questions ...)

(...) Nope. A farrier is different. A smith will quite happily make horseshoes, but will tell you where to go if you ask him to put them on your horse. ;) (Unless, of course, he's also a farrier) A farrier would shoe horses, as well as repair (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

I personally have an army of forest elves and I don't use the regular castle swords for them. I use the pirate's cutlasses, just because they look better in the hands of an elf than in the hands of a charging armored knight. I'm also using the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

(...) I can't really think of a western equivalent of the japanese helmet, but I wouldn't let that stop me if I liked it. It's purpose is the same as the western helmet: save one's brains from a metal weapon. (...) nobleman's (...) Too obviously (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact