 Castle / 1530 (+5)
  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) (just guessing) Typos? ;) A farrier is someone who shoes horses. A cobbler is someone who shoes people. I think that's the two professions he was mentioning. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) A ferrier is someone who maintains or operates a ferry - fairly important work if your town is located near or on a river. Hobbler? No idea. A cobbler is a shoemaker, but that's the only similar sounding word I can think of. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) ?? I've never heard this before. I'm only familiar with 'ferryman' as a term. A farrier is someone who shoes horses, though. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) Neg, as the other James pointed out, a Ferrier is someone who shoes horses...like my wife's old boss in Victoria. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) I know he used to post on RTL back in 1995 or so - I recognize the email address. He posted with the pseudonym "Ace Maze," I think. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact