 Castle / 14737
Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 04:27:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Wanner writes:
I'm in.  Who's with me?

(1) Jeremy Scott - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE!
(2) Joey Finnell
(3) Yaron Dori - proud to be a part of castle
(4) Dan Thompson
(5) John "Hendo" Henderson - not .castle only, but always around.
(6) Anthony Sava - the Lego Bandito and the Master of Dragons
(7) Jason Maxwell - Time to get medieval
(8) Steve McDonough - Who does not care and never will about the "real" size
of any imaginary Star Wars, Star Trek, or other spaceship, but who cares
about medieval weapons bludgering people who actually argue this.
(9) Kevin Wanner - Who is waitting to get a digatal camera so he can post
his story
(10) Erick Jensen - Waiting for ozbricks so I can begin my website, it will
come together like triforce fragments, and then I will have saved the princess.

This is pretty exciting.  I was just posting a "i'm bored" kind of message
and I get a flood of responses.  I finally read the threads from the last 24
hours and here's my opinions.  I like the Marketplace idea.  I think it
could go hand in hand with Castle World.  Perhaps reside there when CW is
open for buisness.  I'm curious how you all think we could get them
together.  I for one can't afford to go to virginia or california for a
brickfest.  I'm in wisconsin, Chicago, I could afford.  If we could find a
way to photograph them with some standards and put them together like a
mosaic it might work, but those standards would be difficult to agree on.
The other ideas I saw are good too.  Building monsters would be fun, but I
think it would be difficult, the organic looking elements in lego are
limited.  And building things from movies such as castles would be great,
but again, how fast can you build a castle?  I know I can't do it quickly.
I think our answer lies in CW, we need it.  Hop Frog, if you need help
please ask us.  I am very eager to get started on new projects.  But for now
I have to busy myself with partying.  The next 3 days are in Green Bay
watching the Redskins lose!  A group of us are tail gating the game and
livin it up.  It will be such a hang over on tuesday.  :(  Till then
happy-bricking!

e.