 Castle / 14637
Re: Mmm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:07:58 GMT

<snipped>
The Oriental palace is stunning.  It's almost as if LEGO listened to their
fans!  Maybe filling out those crazy surveys on LEGO.com did some good!

Turbans in colors besides purple!  Elephants in two shades!  Arabian style
domes!  Arches with printed designs!  Tiger-man!  Yeti!  It's all good!
<snipped>

I don't post here much, and I'm kind of a lurker, but I've been a daily
checker of LUGNET for about 2 years now.  And the first thing I check every
time I get on is .castle.  Lately, I've been watching .space and .mecha more
closely, but I think these sets will turn it all around.  The Star Wars
stuff is great, but I think the thing that really stand out about this
product line are the Adventurers Theme and the Creator Buckets, both of
which are great for castle.  In fact, let me be the first one to say it....

"2003 sets great for castle" (always a post eventually).

About the Adventures, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said
already.  Elephants, Turbans, and Scimtars, Oh My!  Great stuff.  But I
think the hidden glory will be in these creator sets.  I know it might not
be the best for traditional castle builders, but I'm so excited about my
Black Falcons fighting a giant Crab-O-Death.  Long Story short, there are a
lot of good things in these sets, and LEGO really came through after a few
(IMHO) ho-hum years.

<>Nate<>