 Castle / 14546
Re: Fellowship of the Rings movie poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:57:54 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Jon Furman writes:
Really Cool Bruce!  I love the work you've put into this.  I like how
everyone in the shot is mirroring their pose from the poster!  Galadriel is
my favorite! Good luck in the contest! Jon

Thanks.  I spent a lot of time trying to get the sizes and relative
placement of things to match the movie poster.  I also really struggled with
the logo at the bottom.  I thought about just cutting it from the original
poster and pasting it onto mine, but that felt like cheating, so I played
around with different fonts to find one that felt right, but I had to
distort the L and the S to get them similar.

One problem I ran into - no white hairpiece.  Gandalf in the poster doesn't
have his hat on, but I can't do that without painting him a hairpiece, and I
try to avoid painting.  So my Gandalf never takes off his hat.

Bruce