 Castle / 14504
Re: 6074: Black Falcon's Fortrees is a Legend!(corrected the name)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 06:31:09 GMT

Mike Petrucelli wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

Did you have any more info for us?  TLC has had
really good communication with Lugnet.  Why did we see this in a Kmart add
and now at a new store before an official announcement?

I'm affraid we are as surprised as you are. When the Legend-poll at
www.lego.com was over I thought that the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda had made
it. But then there was this confusing header on the Kmart (was it Kmart? I
don't know anymore) homepage, which could have been a hint to a Legend-6074.

The picture of the Legend 100xx (maybe 10029) on 1000steine today was the
very first I saw of it. Even a surch for "10029" on www.lego.com brings no
result.

Tomorrow I'll visit this store in Cologne.

Bye
Jojo

Maybe the Main Lego Company took this from the Lego Direct 'drawing board' and
rushed a production run through.  The insane rate that the Mega Bloks Dragons
sets are selling would definitely be a good reason why they would do that.

-Mike Petrucelli

I'd have to agree with you there. My loyalty has been tested, and I hate to say,
it failed. The MB Dragon sets have wonderful shields and weapons, the bricks are
getting better even. The figs of course still suck... those Tin's are nice though.

Go ahead and flame me, I don't care! Lego has failed in so many ways... and it's a
sad day :( yeah yeah.. we have legends.. we have this... sorry.. too little, too
late..  They can't even give a serious builder 1x1 bricks let alone 1x3's... or a
decent selection of slopes..   My few dollars I give to the competition isn't
going to matter much to Lego.. though I have a feeling after it starts adding up..
they'll feel it..

<donning her flame retardant suit and crawling back into the corner>
Tamy