 Castle / 14459
Re: Merchant's House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:42:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ben Ellermann writes:
Hello everyone,
Wassssup

Another custom set of instructions to a medieval building -
the "Merchant's House"

The merchant/money exchanger had a unique house type.  These houses had
stone construction for the first and second floors and wood construction
above.  The windows were small or barred by wood and metal.  Many money
exchangers were also investors and merchants who traded goods.  Their house
was the storage place for goods and money - so it had to be very secure.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/MerchantsHouse/0banker.jpg

My house features a vaulted first floor with "teller" windows with wooden
shutters opening from the inside.  My merchant is fairly wealthy and can
afford marble floors on the first and second floors along with a four-post
bed and a fine dresser.

Instructions:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/MerchantsHouse/1step.jpg
1-9step.jpg
a10-a30step.jpg
b0interior.jpg

As usual any questions, comments, or suggestions for improvement are welcome.
I will not be able to respond until sunday - but I will.

Thanks,

Ben
Great house Ben!  I'd build it but I don't think I have all the parts : (
Oh well, I might just put my own spin on it, I'll have to see.
Gotta like the floor tile idea.
Hasta La Vista, Sean