 Castle / 14339
14338  |  14340
Subject:
Meduseld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:37:05 GMT

Hey All,
It’s been a while, but here is another Tolkien Creation.  Meduseld, the
Golden Hall of Brego.

(Click on the first folder in the top left hand corner)

Meduseld is the residence of King Theoden, Lord of the Rohirrim.
Throughout book 3, “The Two Towers” we find the tale of the broken
Fellowship of the Ring, and their journeys through the land of Rohan.
Living in Rohan are the “Norselike” Horsemen called Rohirrim.
After studying paintings (Howe, Lee) and movie stills (boy I can’t wait till
Dec. 18th) I’ve attempted to approximate the look and feel of the thatch
roofed, wooden hall, inlaid with gold and set upon a bier of stone.  The
exterior is clearly Movie based, while the interior is mostly painting based.
The Roof is hinged to allow play inside the hall, and I’ve tried to get the
details of the inside as close to the book’s description as possible
(limitations abound with a limited supply of Tan, Yellow, and Brown bricks)
The statue of Eorl the Young was changed to accommodate internal space, and
the hall is shorter than it should be due to scale issues.
I’ve eliminated the stream that should flow out of the stone bier, but as
I’ve not included the green hill for the stream to flow down, that detail
seemed unnecessary.
Fans of the Books (If you haven’t read them start now ;0) will notice
Theoden, Eowyn, Grima Wormtongue, and Hama the Door Warden all in their
proper locations!

I’ve also added Photos of Galadriel, Eomer, Hama, and the wild men of
Dunland to the Tolkien page as well.

I hope you enjoy the structure, as always I welcome any and all feedback! LMKWYT

This will most likely be my last Tolkien update for a while (probably till
the film is released).

Jon Furman
Lugnet #1123
“Handsome is as handsome does!”, says I. – Samwise Gamgee