 Castle / 13886
Re: Castle Village MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:33:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
    This is from a little while ago but I've never posted it so I will now:
    In order; a tavern (white), stable (yellow/black), and an armour shop
(green/black):

It was my first attempt at a civilian castle themed MOC, and while the
very first one, the white tavern on the far left is not the best (cough,
cough)...

Well Nathan I think they are all just beautiful.  The general feel and scale
is inviting, especially from the rear views (which remind me a lot of the
Globe Theatre I built before the days of decent photography).  I was
impressed with some of your details, such as how the chimney in the Armor
Shop connected the fireplaces on both floors and then passed through a hole
in the roof -a hole that clearly took a little extra effort considering you
used angled plates for the roof.  Maybe your solution has been done before
(I don't know), but I was impressed nonetheless.  I also liked the
lock/latch on the outside of the tavern door.

Keep up the great building!
-Hendo