 Castle / 13607
13606  |  13608
Subject:
300 Years Before: Desert Landscape II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:13:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello@all,

some of you were wondering why Zafar is a _black_ building in a hot
environment. I built the answer this weekend.

Once you followed the link, you maybe hear music. You can turn it off by
clicking the troll who puts a banana into the forestman's trumpet (at the
bottom of each page).

http://www.1000steine.de/gallery3/g222/

I don't know why, but there are some problems with the IE6, in this case try

http://www.1000steine.de/gallery3/g222/index.pl?search=1&header=id&method=exact

And here's the english text for each picture:

1) Map of the region.

2) Once upon a time, 300 years before sheikh Simaad ibn Shajiis, in a little
village called Khaaraz...

3) A fakir is sleeping on his "bed"

4) The snake charmer at the rehearsel for a show at the sultan's palace.

5) The horse is eating from a nosebag and the parrot in his birdcage is
laughing about it.

6) Recently tared camelhide is drying in the sun, the woman brushs them
later to make them soft. She will make water-resistant capes for the
sultan's desert-warriors out of the leather.

7) Oh, a wrong parked wine carriage!

8) Suddenly, hoof-trampling can be heard from the wide of the sand dunes.

9) A party of Crusaders of the Occident is riding to the village.

10) The knights have one goal only: to steal all things they would could
sell as souvenirs in their home countries.

11) The peasants quickly calling the wizard Taahafar Al-Zakee. He caress
over a glitter vial softly and...

12) ...a dschinn [english word?] appears.

13) "Master, you called me?" - "Hurry! I need a army which will attack the
incredolous men from the air!"

14) The knights can't count to 30, they're attacked by several sand dragons.

15) To be on the safe side, the dschinn calls two fire dragons too.

16) And finally he conjured a nightmahr (dark pegasus).

17) The warriors from the Occident have no chances. Like puppies they're
falling out of their sattles.

18) At the place where the magic of the dschinn was done, the desert breaks
and cool black rocks are coming to the daylight. Soon the sultan recovers
the mystery of the stones - the rocks are staying cool, even in the hottest
sun! He opens a mine here...

19) Chained slaves are working hard day by day...

20) ...carving out rocks for the sultan's new fortress - Zafar.

21) The chains make bloody hands.

22) The rocks were carved to cubes .

23) This is the tent of the sultan, fom time to time he's visiting his mine.

24) On those days he loves to have a picnic in the yellow.

25) ---

26) The black rocks on the way to the construction area at Zafar.

27) The slaves are changed daily, because this is very, very hard work!

28) The keeper is a centaur who was teleported from the Free Lands by mistake.

29) Now I close my bags with the arabic MOCs, or did I forgot any theme or
fable? Please write me at rene@1000steine.de --- But what's that...

30) ...my living room after the pohto shooting, at my table one part of the
caravan is climbing to the top of the chocolate hill and the other part is
walking to the great fizzy-drink-obelisk... But now final end!

Leg Godt!

René