 Castle / 13558
Re: thatched roof
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:54:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:

That thatched roof is really neat!  I am going to have to try that.  Where
does a guy get all those tan slopes?

Josh

For the 2x1's it looks like Harry Potter sets are the way to go.  Here's
Peeron's list.  I've got the Final Challenge and that's a pretty cheap set,
especially if you could get a bunch on clearance (maybe ask the guy who mae
the desert scene.  He must have a pile of those sets for the turbans he used
:)  ).
14 in 4709 - Hogwarts™ Castle
* 10 in 4706 - Forbidden Corridor
* 8 in 4704 - The Chamber of the Winged Keys
* 6 in 4714 - Gringotts™ Bank
* 6 in 4702 - The Final Challenge
* 6 in 3451 - Sopwith Camel
* 4 in 10017 - Hopper Wagon
* 2 in 7141 - Naboo Fighter™
* 2 in 10019-1 - Tantive IV™ / Rebel Blockade Runner™
* 1 in 7159 - Podracer bucket

The 3x1's look much harder to find.  Here's Peeron's list:
4 in 4714 - Gringotts™ Bank
* 2 in 10019-1 - Tantive IV™ / Rebel Blockade Runner™
* 1 in 4707 - Hagrid's Hut

He used something like 32 each of both the 2x1's and 3x1's in that roof, not
to mention those roof peaks along the top.

Bruce