 Castle / 12844
Re: LIFE SIZE SCULPTURES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:54:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Hall writes:
Hiya all....
I was just wondering if anyone has looked at my NEW Lego life size
Sculptures I have built and put on my website???

www.andrastavia.com/andrastavia

Go to The Village.... then click on the door to Sculptures....!!!

There are Sculptures from a Lion crest shield to a life size crown...!!!
I havent really had any feed back from them yet...so I was wondering what
people thought?

I saw them the other day- pretty cool.  You captured the crest well on the
shield.  I'm not convinced about the crown, though- is there some kind of
padding, or at least slopework on the inside?  I've put Lego constructions
on my head before and OUCH- those edges are sharp!  I hope I'm remembering
the details correctly- the site is completely dead right now (or something
between us is), or your link is wrong.

One reason people might not have mentioned it is that the site is a little
tricky to navigate.  People don't always expect image maps, and when I first
got to the village, I thought the page was broken.  When looking at the big
image, I thought the text descriptions were the links.  No luck there.  I
looked back at lugnet and saw multiple responses, so I figured that it must
work.  Only after revisiting the page and waving my mouse around for a while
did I realize that the doorways were links.

I'd suggest either redoing the image map with larger targets (ie make each
whole building the link, or add links to the text as well) or redoing the
image itself to make it clearer (like a glow around each doorway).

And please take this constructively, but I also find it annoying to have to
click through two dead pages to get to the site's content.  Why not just
have the frameset in the root?

You have a wonderful site, and I'd hate for the easily-fixed UI glitches to
get in the way of seeing it!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com