 Castle / 12424
    Re: What's in a name, anyway? —James Stacey
   If your looking for a northwestern european flavour then take a look at (URL) roman, saxon and viking name suffexes mix and match them or add them to other appropriate words by the way, the list is a bit misleading as most of the celtic words are (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: What's in a name, anyway? —John P. Henderson
   (...) Hmm. That's a good list. Living in New England, and having used the suffix "Ham" for at least one of my villages, I often wondered what that actually meant... I see it in the Saxon section as meaning "village"... Back to Dave's question about (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)