 Castle / 11977
Re: War Strider, Fantsy Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:39:53 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, John Carroll writes:
Hello.

Here is a Fantsy Mecha.  Think Escaflowne.

PLMNWYT

I'm wondering, are you using a digital camera to take your photos, or are you
scanning photographs?  I've noticed with a lot of the pics of your mecha, the
images are very yellow and dim, making it a difficult task to discern the
detail.  It looks like you're using a desk lamp or some other incandescent
light source for these photos.

I would suggest taking photographs of your mecha during the day, and, if
possible, on a cloudly day.  If you're taking photos indoors at night, maybe
you can use your imaging software to play with the color balance and
brightness.  I've found that this can bring out quite a bit of hidden detail.

Of course, you might be going for the obscure, hidden detail look.  But from
what I can see, your mecha hold a lot of promise, and it looks like you've come
up with some very innovative techniques that beg for more detailed photos.
Sorry if this post seems a little presumptuous, but I've been noticing your
mecha for a while and would love to get some better looks at them!

Later, Chris