 Castle / 11914
Re: 6080 and 6074, modularity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:54:02 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Magnus Lauglo writes:
6074 - If Lego were to rerelease a castle set, this would get my vote. While
much smaller than 6080, it could be priced much lower, and offers a greater
variety of pieces for the castle builder, including 12 corner wall pieces, a
tudor wall piece and lots of great black slopes. As a playset it is a bit
small, but has a compact and very playable design. I have always loved the
quite realistic design of the huge "double D" gatehouse, although it does
look a little incomplete from the inside, and could use some more bricks and
perhaps even some more details inside the towers. If this set had been made
a bit later, one could assume that the battlements on top of the tower would
have used corner bricks or the turret battlement piece, which were
unavailable at the time this set was designed.

As you mentioned in your message elsewhere, these were great modular
designs.  I took two 6074 and two Guarded Inns and simply plugged them all
together to form a fairly large (by Lego set standards) castle.  I really do
hope that we soon see a Lego Legend 6080 or 6074 (I'd be happy with either).

Bruce