 Castle / 11561
Re: anthony savas epic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:39:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
you know i have seen plenty of movies that are epics lord of the rings harry
potter star wars. i have also played epic games breath of fire final fantasy.
and i have also read epic castle world stories but none as good as anthony
savas. maybe he could evan be a writer and we could the chronicles of ikoros
in a movie. how cool would it be. i love that story. it has the potencial to
be come published. he could publish the first book. then make the movie.
then in 3 years he could publish the second book and make a movie. i know
its just a dream but what a cool dream

Daniel,
    I must say I was surprised when a good friend of mine sent me a link to
this post.  I had been taking a hiatus from lugnet, since I am at my parent's
home (and on dial up) for the Christmas break, but since this post had my name
on it, I felt obliged to reply.  I am most flattered that you are such a fan of
my work.  However, I do not feel it is comparable with any of Tolkein's work,
or even those of the Squaresoft line of video games.  In regards to the other
stories of Castle World, I will say mine is certainly the longest, but I don't
think it is the best.
    You are entitled to your opinion of course, but so am I.  I don't know,
maybe I'm just hard to please, but I'm not all that proud of some of my story.
I am reminded of it often by my friend Pat who is threatening death and
dismemberment if Garalt turns out to be 'some chosen one ordained by an ancient
prophecy.'  I can tell you now he won't be.  I, too, have thought about
publishing my works, and the truely unlikely event that they would be made into
movies.  Unfortunately, I cannot have either happen, since I've now included
other people's work into my story.  I cannot allow myself to use other people's
MOCs and idea's in my story, copyrighted or not, and get paid for it.  In fact
a lot of my story is borrowed from a lot of works.  I believe Wilson Raska was
the one who first introduced circular portals in a story, and I turned around
and used them on the Tower of Olyian.  I hope you're not sore about that
Wilson.  Goodness, even the whole idea of my dragons was taken from Pawel
Nazarewitz' dragon and my wanting to improve upon it (Sorry for the bad
spelling Pawel).
   I guess what I'm getting at is that you shouldn't speak in such absolutes.
I used to worship Mr. Ed Boxer, he was the man that started me out on all of
this.  And though I still view his castle as one of the greatest, new creations
such as Kevin Hall's outstanding city or Kalckenstein castle certainly match if
not surpass the great white castle.  To quote an old proverb and a really bad
Star Wars line, 'There's always a bigger fish.'
    Ok, well, I've rambled on long enough.  I'm going to go back and continue
slowly working on the next installment.  I'll be returning to school within the
week so all you castle heads will be hearing a lot more from me pretty soon
(lock your doors, put your seat backs and tray tables into their full upright
and locked position and hide).
Thanks for such high praise of which I am unworthy.
--Anthony