 Castle / 11517
Re: LOTR Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:39:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
Well my Gringotts Bank and Ewok Attack finally arrived so I’ve updated my
Lotr pages with some moderately “correctly” proportioned minifigs.

I used the goblin and ewok legs to make the Hobbits their correct sizes, and
used a goblin body for one of the hobbit’s waistcoats.

I used the little goblin heads and Jar-Jar bodies to make some Goblins (not
surprisingly) I don’t want to open the floor to debates over whether goblins
and orcs are the same species, or different or whatnot (every Tolkien fan
seems to have a different idea)  if you want they can even be Uruk- Hai.

I added some pics of dwarves and elves as well as some shots to show scale.
The Dwarf has 1x1 plates on his feet to make him a little taller than the
hobbit ( I should have used a regular hairpiece on the Hobbit as Harry’s
hair gives him a few “inches” much like Fletch’s afro.

Thanks for posting those - I didn't realize that "short" legs had been used
in those sets.

Bruce