 Castle / 11320
  Re: Fort Legorado

Yes, I remember studying Motte and Baileys at school, many, many years ago. It should be an interesting project for you. I will be interested in how you do the circular fortified walls usings brown log pieces. Richard. "James Stacey" (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fort Legorado

(...) Does a Motte and Bailey have to be round? It's been a while since I read all those history texts of that era, but I thought such a thing is any wooden fort built on a hill, where the hill is most often man-made from earth moved from the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fort Legorado

(...) They were typically round, but the "keep" on the center of the hill is often square. The perimeter wall is often round. If anybody can prove me wrong, say so! (...) Rob robo2705@hotmail.com (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Motte-and-Bailey Castles (Was: Fort Legorado)

(...) Here are some links to images of hstoric motte-and-bailey castles: (URL) looking at these it seems that the walls weren't necessarily round, but sometimes were straight with rounded corners. Though there are doubtless countless more examples (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)