 Castle / 10785
Re: knight's kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:26:22 GMT

James:

What is the threading problem?  And, forgive me, but who is Suz?

Thanks.

KEith

From: "James Howse" <jehowse@yahoo.com>
To: lugnet.castle@lugnet.com, lugnet.harrypotter@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: knight's kingdom
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:37:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Keith Kirchoff writes:
Yeah, I would much rather have a LotR theme, but there are descent enough
castle elements in HP.  speaking of which, I'm trying to build a Hagrid • army
if anyone wants to help!

Have you seen the Goblins in 4714?

So what do people think of the new 2002 sets?  Personally, I think the • new
Alpha Team sets look terrible.  Why in the world did they put them
underwater?  Last I checked, Aquazone wasn't the biggest hit.

Umm, I think you'll find that it was a very good seller. Almost all of the
sets, (and this goes double for the orignal Aquanauts and the larger sets)
rate 65 or more on the LugnetDB. In my experience, I never saw a leftover
set from that seires sitting on the shelves, unlike other sets from those
years (*cough* Wild West *cough*)

Any other opinions?

I wonder why they delayed three of the HP sets for next year, I mean, three
sets? why bother?. AlphTeam is underwater because it's futuristicly
sciencefictiony without being Spacey. Even though theres no agreement with
Lucasarts about producing (or not producing) spacecraft while holding the
SW
licence, they won't undercut their own sales by producing a competing space
theme. However they will go close (Life on Mars, Alpha Team) and try to
capture more sales by catering to those don't like SW.

James (who wants equality of distrubution, same sets everywhere at the same
time)

P.S. Keith, You really ought sort out the problem you're having with your
messages not threading properly. Send an Email to Suz, it should be easy
enough to fix up.