 Castle / 10742
Re: Something to Look at thats not IOM related...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:28:12 GMT

I'll throw out some quick feedback for ya!
I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to digital Lego, so take the
comments for what they're worth :)

Good : I like the effects that have been added in.  As a Photoshop Tyro I
know flames and lightning like that must be a pain in the butt (unless you
know what you're doing, which I don't :) ).  The flames blend in better then
I would expect.
Extra? : Don't know how easy it is, but can some glow/shadows be added in to
give them that little extra Umph?  Since I personally couldn't put the
lightning in in the first place, I don't know the answer to that question,
but I think it would be a great effect!
Good : The pics look like they turned out pretty clear.  I have seen, and
have taken a couple, that totally didn't have enough lighting, and therefore
looked like poop.
Extra? : A few areas do look like they could use more light.  While most of
it turned out GREAT, the darker parts of the picture (esp. Dark Wraith in
the "Show of Dark Power") are hard to make out.  Of course, with a Wraith,
that may be the desired effect :)

One more thing that I think will help the overall feel is something I've
seen others do to great effect, though can be done on a much lesser basis.
This is to eliminate all parts of the picture that do not relate to the
scene.  The background of the room (is that a Cow Print box there?), the
table the set is sitting on, etc.  If those are removed, it adds alot to
getting into the "feel" of what is happening.  I am unsure where I saw it,
but one of the people here cropped out all extraneous stuff and added in
pictures of real trees, hills, etc etc, and that looked GREAT (if only I
could do that!)

Just a few suggestions from someone with no experience in the matter.  I
just have experience in LOOKING at the end products :)  It looks like a good
start!

plucky

p.s. I think it's humorous that poor Alec is getting zapped by lightning,
yet he's still smiling away!  Silly Mini-Figs, doest thou feel no pain?

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to share some teaser pics from the Chronicles of Velaria... I've
been working on the three books of my story, Chronicles Of Velaria.
The first book will be entitled :" Chronicles of Velaria: Tales of a Fragile
Realm" And should be fully completed within the next month. Anyway, I
decided to give u gus a couple shots of the upcoming stories, in hopes that
anyone who views them will either post or e-mail me feedback. I'd like to
know what you guys think, so as Ive said above, any feedback is welcome!
Thanx!
-Jay Cicchini

Now for the pics!

The Sword of the Great One.