 Castle / 10738
10737  |  10739
Subject:
[ot] Almost 2 years ago ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:03:17 GMT

Just doing a random search, I realized my first post to lugnet happened
two years ago on October 25th:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=267

But Xoom has taken my site down, so now I need to find some pictures that
I had online and try to snap them on my new site (which UTK might take away
from me in a few years :)

Now it's going to get really off-topic:

But this got me thinking about how the personalities from what I call "back in
the day" to the current days have changed.  When I think of old school lugnet
castle, I tend to think of David Eaton, Eric Kingsley, Jeff Johnston and others.
Ed Boxer used to post.  Right now, we seldom hear from most of the people
that posted initially - which leads me to believe that the culture of
lugnet.castle
is changing.

While most people probably read the newsgroup, I think the attitude has shifted
from replying to posts that you agree with to highlighting them.  Sometimes,
people do both, but for the most part highlighting is the lurker's way of giving
someone props for their creation.  I know that I often do that :)

So anyhow - I wonder where the majority of old school people have gone, but am
glad that the group has grown to incredible numbers over time (and most people
that were there from the beginning were at Brickfest this summer :)

-- Pawel