 Castle / 10729
Re: ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤Dir Wartburg Castle¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:29:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
but its far better because of her masterful web page design.

I must differ on this point.  There is an attenuated series of portals which
although pretty buries the real "matter" of the site.  Further, the first
page portal seems to have one of those scripts which bombs the back button
(at least in IE).  I hate that, good design never takes options away from
the browser.

-- Hop-Frog

Just a note on the "Back button" thing.  "http://go.to/carneycastle" is
using the V3 free web-redirection service to point to their page, so when
their IP changes, they can just update the number at V3, and the address
"go.to/carneycastle" stays the same.  Therefore, when you go to
"go.to/carneycastle", you are automatically forwarded to the REAL web page
(currently located at http://24.182.214.100/).  When you hit "Back", the
back button works fine, it just goes back to "http://go.to/carneycastle",
which again automatically forwards you to their web page.

So, don't blame Anne Sullivan for that one, it's just the free service they
are using isn't the greatest.  Anyway, I will agree that the opening portal
pages seem quite strange with the rest of the site, I don't remember them
from the last time I was there (only a couple months ago).

Either way, I must say his stuff is GREAT!  I'm jealous just looking at the
tubs of pieces in the BACKGROUND of the picture, and that doesn't touch upon
the castles themselves!  I'm almost glad to read he takes them apart, as if
he had enough parts to keep a few of those big ones together at the same time?!

plucky