 Castle / 10128
Re: Factions (and violence)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:28:37 GMT

I agree.  Just about everytheme has some form of violence worked into it.  I
mean, even city center sets had Jail Break Joe.

Violence is kind of hard to completely avoid.  Most of our society is built
around action, and action more often than not involves guns.  I think Lego
isn't supporting all out war, but at the same time isn't afraid to have a
bit of action in their themes.

KEith

In lugnet.castle, Mark Chittenden writes:
I think there are too many cases being AGAINST Lego have a non-stated
non-violence policy.

1. Star Wars sets. Both Empire & Rebel models. We ALL know how well those
two groups got along (and there are several sets that have figures of
opposing sides in the same kit).

2. Pirates & Imperial sets. Can anyone really come up with a plausible
justification that "Pirates" are non-violent???

3. The soon to come out (if not already) Jurassic Park III tie-in sets. Oh
yeah, T-Rex's and Velocoraptors are non-violent...

If Lego has a non-violence policy - what the heck are all those minifig
swords, pikes, spears & GUNS are for????

Now - has anyone come close to modeling the round shield in LDRAW/MLCad yet?