 Castle / 10090
Re: Tower of Orthanc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:28:30 GMT

Thanks!

If you were where Gandalf stood you'd be 500 feet from the ground. My tower
has 8 floors, and is about 100 "lego feet" tall. So my tower has a ways to
go yet.

I didn't use a scale. I just used what pieces I had for the base and went up
from there. Notice that the tower starts out round at the bottom and is
square up top.

The tower has gone through some changes. I made the original some time ago.
The most recent change was to add the four edges the stick out from the
walls and become points at the top. That involved redoing the top two-thirds
of the tower.

I'll open it up sometime and take pictures to show the inside. Plus my other
castles models, but they haven't been unpacked since BrickFest because my
room is about to be painted.

Thanks again. There's more to come. :)

Elliot

WOW! That's a great LOTR model, Elliot! I can see it was inspired by some LOTR
artwork.

BTW how tall is Orthanc, exactly? If it was mentioned in LOTR than I must have
forgotten it. What scale did you use Elliot?

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.castle, Wilson Raska writes:
Here's a pic that I took:

Wilson

Can someone post a link to this model?  I must have missed it/didn't realize
what it was while I was at Brickfest.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com