 Castle / *20857 (-20)
  Re: banner year for castle

(...) Oh? I guess I see both designs (new castle and China Fortress) as pretty much the same thing, along with 6091/6098, Hogwarts Castle, World City train station, World City Police HQ, 6636 Police HQ, and probably more. Mostly just a front facade (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Knights' Kingdom figures

Here a couple of pics showing the parts in the KK figures: (URL) the figure itself (URL) I have put to good use, guarding the stock of light grey parts :-) Huw (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) Snip I couldn't agree with you more, I too, had high hopes regarding any new castle sets. I have three of the China Fortresses so far, and I will probably buy some more if I catch them at a reduced price (great supply of black slopes). Having (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) Yes, I for one am surpriced. After the Orient Adventurers China Fortress (with a real roof, a frontside AND a backside), I had anticipated that this was the style for the coming castle sets. Additionally, I had expected a castle style from (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) Well said, DaveE. It's exactly what I said in my earlier post, but put in a much more eloquent manner. Basically, I said that I don't like the new sets, but the kids will. And I'll just buy the Castle S@H exclusives (which I already have (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) Just asking-- are people actually suprised by these new sets? Personally, I think they're very much in line with the new sets we've been seeing-- they're *exactly* what I would expect most new minifig playthemes to look like, with the possible (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) Yup, i totally agree, (...) (URL) -R (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windmill and Bakery

(...) Wonderful! While I admire realistic scale windmills like those of Dan Siskind and Onishi Shinji, I love even more a great creation in system scale, and this is the best windmill this scale I have seen. And nice idea to couple to a bakery. Just (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windmill and Bakery

(...) I love it!! When I was young, this was one of my favorite sets: (URL) MOC is the perfect update to it. It reminds me of everything that was exciting about this set - lots of slopes and corner slopes, unique pieces used for the blades, '70s (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windmill and Bakery

This is the type of stuff that makes me think about dragging out all my castle sets. "hmmm... build castle tonight? build remote switches?... castle... switch[1]..." Bryan [1] (URL) Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windmill and Bakery

(...) ladder piece for blades is a "duh! why didn't I think of that" brilliant usage. Nice work. Spotlighted. Since the start of the CC movement, castle MOCs have just rocked! (er, was that a pun? Sorry!) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windmill and Bakery

James, Simply beautiful. Too bad the new 2004 Castle sets don't look like some of the creations coming out .castle right now. -- Bryan "James Brink" <brinkjm@purdue.edu> wrote in message news:Hq3qu2.1nMG@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) (URL) (...) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Windmill and Bakery

Hi, I just finished up a small windmill and bakery. Check them out here: (URL) links: Front: (3 URLs) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: banner year for castle

sorry to dissapoint you, no its not fake. Go out and buy one of the new knights kingdom (big guy) sets if you don't belive it. And if I was going to fake a load of sets, I'd hope people would be much happier with what they saw :) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW WEBSITE : MINIFIGVILLE.COM

(...) In January? Well, January came earlier this year :-) Indeed, StuWars is now online! It's fully operational and you can already vote and write your comments about the first ever StudWars combat : JarJar/Timmy vs. Justin/Kelly : Who's worse? (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.sports, lugnet.publish)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) I'll buy them as soon as I can afford it. Same goes for Jayko and Rascus, the KK Technic-scale castle figures. Yes. Remember that TLC can't just cater to us castle diehards. They have to cater to the kids too. Kids are probably more interested (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

Hello! (...) That's exactly my thoughts. Thanks you pointed that out so clearly, I wouldn't have been able to do this in English ;-) Bye Jojo (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

Hello! (...) The set designers (at least those who are responsible for those banner-year-Castle-sets) don't have any fancy at all, no ideas, no inspiration. Poor guys, never had LEGO as child, only He-Man action figures... (...) Yep. Bye Jojo (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

Hello! (...) No. Bye Jojo (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: banner year for castle

(...) It may have some play value for some kids...but many kids will see these sets for just what they are...unattractive toys not worth nagging the parents about. I think we - and more importantly TLC - make too many negative assumptions about kids (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact