 Castle / *20637 (-20)
  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Hi David. (...) Feel free, new threads are good! (...) For me it depends on the moc. Cliffs are pretty easy using BURPs and LURPs. See the current BUB thread for pics of a cliff. (URL) (...) When I have raised a moc I almost never fill in (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

Hi Dave, I thought about this problem a great deal as I wanted to create a seaside town with a dock and so I needed to elevate the town above sea-level. I ended up using the duplo solution for this. You can see pictures at: (URL) I don't have my (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) I don't have the best of suggestions -- other than to caution you about how much weight you want to put on the 'raised' area. If it's really light, just about anything goes: a lattice, duplo (though I just can't imagine myself doing that), or (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

"Dave" <ishakd@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:Hp08F2.13zp@lugnet.com... (...) ---...---8<-------- snip (...) I use a latice of 2xX bricks to build up a framework. I have bags of old crummy scratched and pre abs LEGO bricks I have been trying (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) You could try Duplo (it is fully compatible with System) but you may find that it is even more expensive than an equivalent stack of regular brick. The most widely-used technique that I've seen is a mix of 2x4s and 2x2s to create a lattice (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) That puts Duplo out of the question. I have an abundance of light grey 1*x pieces in all sizes, try to hold onto the 2*x bricks for strength. What do you mean by lifting from the base and not from the upper part? (...) The framework approach (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Well thank the stars for that! (...) I have used duplo, and the normal bricks fit OK on top, but obviously only in multiples of 2 and also only using 2*x bricks not plates or 1*x bricks. The bonding is quite weak, so you need to remember to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Raising a model?

Hi all, I know this may be a change of topic to what is most popular at the moment(colour changes and new castle sets), but I just had a question to ask for all. What do most AFOLs use as an underlay when raising a model? (landscaping, mountains, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

(...) I could be wrong, but I don't think it's okay to hijack any thread you want with color complaints. No message is that important. That just seems like simple posting etiquette. What is the point of starting a thread to discuss a topic if the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Well...I thought about it, but decided that BUB would have eaten her, not saved her. So, no maiden. :) Josh (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) For those of us who are concerned about this colour change issue, Thomas message is pertinent enough to deserve belonging to this thread (or any other for that matter). If the old greys/brown are in fact being replaced (yes, there are some of (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

How about "I'm conscracting my head over some of these new sets". Or "What I can build is constracted by these new sets". ;) -Aaron "Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HozCIn.16HF@lugnet.com... (...) Those (...) "action"... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) When I see the word "constraction" I don't think "contructible" + "action"... I think "constriction" + "contraction" + "distraction"... But that's probably just me. As in, "My stomach goes into constractions thinking about Galidor." :D --Todd (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Updates on addresses of sites under ozBricks

Hi everybody, Due to few changes under ozBricks server, I wanted to update everybody regarding my sites: 1. The ozBricks links sites new address is: (URL) Links might not work for a while (until the entire changes will be done). Please updates your (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Woohoo!!! Thanks Jake!!! Jen (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

Since it's been brought up again, it was this: (URL) this: (URL) provided me with the original inspiration to create these: (URL) now you know. :) Alan (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

You know what annoys me the most Jake? ALL THE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NEW COLORS & SETS! "Lego doesn't care about us" %^$& THAT! If it doesn't go your way, its wrong? WOW calm down, deal with it, THEME'S ARE NEVER "dead". Josh (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Hi Jake, I was so excited when I found out there'll be new HP sets! I LOVE Harry Potter! Can I ask if Lego plans on asking rights to make HP merchandise like you do with Bionicle & Star Wars, etc. Like the pens, keychains, sticker books, backpacks, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

(...) Yes, if you have read book five you will know A) why they are clear and B) why they are skeletal. Go read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Aaron S (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sticker Shield 'Box'

(...) Didn't I lose my teaching gig last May? ;) I don't have it, but I've heard that the Town Square (URL) stickers on the shields. Can anyone confirm or deny? (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact