 Castle / *20617 (-20)
  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:HoLBJJ.6LK@lugnet.com... (...) I like them! I hope they have some new/interesting parts for MOC's and MODz! brickmodder (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) What, no fair maid held captive inside the cave to be resculed? :-) Or did I overlook her somehow? With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Thanks for the consideration. (...) Now this is interesting. What is TLG capable of? We've seen the quality of Castle sets progressively get worse every year since about 1992. We've seen Bionicle cannabilize the Technic line. We've seen the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(snip) (...) After the color change announcement (Rocco, this one's for you) I think there will be a lot of wild theories floating around. The train of though goes like this "If Lego will discontinue core colors what else are they capable of?" (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) After the stupendous success of Galidor, I have nothing but great optimism for this product line. (...) I'm sorry, but very often this is exactly the case, at least for several years. The inclusion of juniorization equaled the demise of good (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Yes, Tom does raise an important point. However, it is the same point that was raised in all of the "color change" threads, and it is off-topic in this thread no matter how far he wants to stretch a tangent that connects them. Personally, I am (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Yes it does, just in the form of a certain mouse¹... Jason Railton ¹ I'm still curious how much it costs to license a trademark that, according to the law at the time it was registered, should have expired two decades ago... (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Well, I can only second that. Even though I have the next LEGO shop more or less around the corner (half an hour drive+searching for a parking lot ;-), I usually do not buy there. The more interesting sets have been available only through S@H (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) In case you haven't noticed - Gray is one of the primary colours when it comes to castles ;-) Seriously - Tom raises an important point here: "How reliable is TLC?", and I see close connections between changes in bricks/colours and changes in (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

In lugnet.castle, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) snip While I greet this news with some relief, I would like to voice some concern over this, some of the recent posts (no, I'm not going to bring them all up again) mentioned that castle has had some (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) I was convinced after seeing the set numbers on the pirate sets (7070-...) that the sets would be minifig scaled, because recent minifig-themes (orient expedition, world city) are all in the 7-series, whereas the new 4-juniors sets (formerly (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

I agree. It's nice to see a company like Lego pay attention to the less than 200 adults who build plastic castles. I hope the new sets in 2004 are worthy of the special post! -Aaron "Rocco J Carello" <rogue27@mac.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) I want to say that it is very cool to have a representative of a large company personally post responses to the concerns of a minority of a minority. (Castle builders as a subset of adult builders who themselves are a small percentage of (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Did the existence of Jack Stone prevent LEGO from ever making regular minifig scale City sets again? I would guess that there will probably be regular minifig scale pirate sets again someday. However, they have to give the 4 year olds (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) There are already a bazillion threads about the color changes. This isn't one of them. (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) YES!!! Stephen (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Please don't take this as a smart-*** response. It may seem that way, but it's to get you to think about something here... (...) <cough>grey, dark grey, brown<cough> (...) "Hey, grey is one of our core, classic colors - do you think we're just going (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Hey Bruce, Thanks! I actually had something like this in the works (meaning rolling about in my head) when the contest was announced. The BUB was kind of a surprise. I had another beasty all ready (not as effective, but ok). I just got an Ebay (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove

Hey Chris, Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't offended. I also like Spinal Tap and I knew the reference, I just was a bit, ummm, surprised that you compared what I said to what they were saying. If I was offended, I wouldn't have put the smiley in (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact