 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 979
978  |  980
Subject:
LGEO and MLCAD colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:40:11 GMT

Hi all,

If noticed a lot people having problems with MLCAD and POV-Ray colors using
the LGEO library. So as I got a bunch of new colors to be included, there
is need for a solution.
The colors defined in "lg_cols.tab" are aligned to the color code numbers
used in LDraw, which seems not to be used so much anymore. As MLCAD becomes
more common it makes sense to use this color definitions.
The problem with this is the missing generality in colors, as there are the
first 16(?) colors fixed as the same ones in LDraw, but others missing
or used improperly. There is a color code reserved as "tan" in MLCad but
people often report part they colored tan to be shown light blue (currently
used as undefined color in LGEO).
And what about those new colors ? the new light blue, light violett, cream
or trans pink ?
Also are all color code above 32 marked as transparent in  MLCAd, which
restricts the few less used codes for solid colors.
Personall, I'd like more the color codes than usign RGB colors since this makes
it a lot easier. Just need to set a mark, than examining each color for
transparency or other properties.

Any ideas ?

Lutz