 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 887
Re: beginner here - very simple question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:09:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Trevor Pruden writes:
Hey everyone,

as I am VERY new to Pov-Ray, I just have one question:

When I have completed running my render of a pov file, and the rendered
image is on the screen in the rendering window, how do I turn that image
into a bitmap or jpeg file?  This is a silly question, I know, but please,
I'd really appreciate some instruction.  Much thanks in advance!

The rendering window in POVRAY is just showing you what the program is
creating. It should create a .bmp file in your LDRAW/MODELS directory. If it
isn't there, do a search on your hard drive for *.bmp (every .bmp file). You
should find a file with a similar name as your .pov file, but with the .bmp
extension.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL
LUGNET Member #211

Thanks much!  The images were being sent to another directory.  I'm all set now.

~Trev