 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 793
Re: Problem using difference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 02:12:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Travis Dickinson writes:
I have part of a model that I want to show by using the difference statement.
I'm using a box to cut away part of the model.  The pov file was created with
l3p and the -lgeo option.  When I render the file with QUAL=0, I get the de-
sired result.  When QUAL > 0, it appears that the box is being rendered.
Images of what I'm talking about can be found here:

Can anyone tell me what's going here?

Travis Dickinson
I have done quite a bit of this type of thing, but it has been awhile.  I
could not tell anything from your pictures. Can you maybe render them a
little larger?
and perhaps give us an example of what your difference statement looks like.

Paul